I am an Honorary Fellow at the University of Leicester
My research interests include:
- The Anthropocene and changes to the biosphere in the Anthropocene.
- Carboniferous palaeoenvironments and habitats of the first terrestrial tetrapods.
- The ecology of Carboniferous floodplains (focus on invertebrates).
- Micropalaeontology and ostracods, particularly their ecological radation into non-marine environments in the Devonian and Carboniferous.
- Sedimentology of non-marine environments - lakes, floodplains and palaeosols.
- Ancient climate reconstruction and geochemistry.