Awarded a PhD in Theoretical Physics from University of Turin, she has since coordinated at UCL a team on exoplanets since 2007. Royal Society University Research Fellow 2009-present. ESA external fellow 2005-2007, NASA Astrobiology Institute/NRC fellow at Caltech/JPL 2001-2005.
Select appointments and achievements:
- Principal Investigator, ERC-funded programme "Exo-Lights", 2014-2019.
- Principal Investigator EChO (ESA M3 candidate mission) payload consortium, 2011-present.
- Editor of American Astronomical Society DPS journal, ICARUS.
- Counts over 100 peer reviewed publications and over 150 invited talks/seminars on exoplanets.
- Institute of Physics Moseley medal 2011 for pioneering use of IR transmission spectroscopy for molecular detection in exoplanet atmospheres.
- 2010 NASA Group Achievement award with Swain and Vasisht for first detection of methane in an exoplanet.
Recent appointments in advisory boards:
- ESA EChO Study Science Team, Cycle 20 & Cycle 21 Hubble panel chair/TAC member,
- Hubble and Spitzer panel member 2010,
- ESO Espresso Instrument Science Team,
- ESA Exoplanet Roadmap Advisory Team (2009-2010).