Research interests include:
• Physiological roles of bitter and sweet taste receptors
• Renal and small intestinal glucose transport across the epithelium (diabetes, metabolic syndrome)
• Mechanisms regulated by artificial sweeteners and sweet taste receptors (diabetes, pulmonary diseases)
• Endosomal trafficking in the vasculature (pulmonary diseases)
• Protein phosphatase (PTP and SHP2) signalling (pulmonary diseases)
• Protein kinases (PKC and MAPK) signalling (diabetes, pulmonary diseases)
• Novel mechanisms regulating microvascular complications (diabetes, pulmonary diseases)
• Molecular mechanisms which link the gut microbiota and gastric permeability
Senior Lecturer, Anglia Ruskin University
Postdoctoral research fellow, Brown University
University College London, PhD in Physiology
King's College London, BSc Biochemistry
Effect of α7 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor activation on cardiac fibroblasts: A mechanism underlying RV fibrosis associated with cigarette smoke exposure. , American Journal of Physiology – Lung Cellular and Molecular Physiology.
Select Rab GTPases regulate the pulmonary endothelium via endosomal trafficking of VE-cadherin. , American Journal of Respiratory Cell and Molecular Biology.
Differential regulation of renal glucose transporters: Implications for diabetic nephropathy. , Experimental Physiology.
p18, a novel adaptor protein, regulates pulmonary endothelial barrier function via enhanced endocytic recycling of VE-cadherin. , FASEB Journal
SHP2 and FAK protein interactions regulate pulmonary endothelium barrier function. , American Journal of Respiratory Cell and Molecular Biology.
PKC δ and βII Regulate Angiotensin II Mediated Fibrosis through p38: A Mechanism of RV Fibrosis in Pulmonary Hypertension. , American Journal of Physiology – Lung Cellular and Molecular Physiology.
Vasculogenesis in the pulmonary endothelium is regulated by the endosome: Rab4-mediated trafficking and p18-dependent signaling. , American Journal of Physiology – Lung Cellular and Molecular Physiology.
Luminal proteolytic activation of the collecting duct epithelial sodium channel (ENaC) and its possible role in renal sodium reabsorption in vivo. , Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation.
Protection against LPS-induced pulmonary edema through the attenuation of PTP1B oxidation. , American Journal of Respiratory Cell and Molecular Biology.
Genetic Disruption of PKCδ Reduces Endotoxin-Induced Lung Injury. , American Journal of Physiology-Lung Cellular and Molecular Physiology.
Investigation of Protein kinase C Isoforms in the Formation of Focal Adhesion Complexes by ECIS. , Cancer, Metastasis, Biology and Treatment: Electric Cell-Substrate Impedance Sensing in Cancer and Cancer Metastasis Research
On the mechanism of sequence-specific DNA-dependent acetylation of p53: The acetylation motif is exposed upon DNA binding., Journal of Molecular Biology.