My main interests are in data analysis related to microbial Ecology and Evolution. I work in the Hill lab in APC Microbiome Ireland, University College Cork, where we focus mainly on viruses in the human gut and their role in the gut ecosystem and human health.
- Undergraduate Degree in Ecology (2008)
- Master's Degree in Bioinformatics and Systems Biology (2010)
- PhD in Bioinformatics (2017)
- 3.5 years as a research assistant (Bioinformatics) in the School of Microbiology in UCC.
- I am now in my third year as a postdoctoral researcher and I am an author on 35 published papers (as Hugh M.B. Harris).