For the past twenty years I have worked across the social care and social work sectors. My areas of practice include domestic abuse, child protection and, more latterly, foster care. I am a registered social worker and member of the College of Social Work.
Since embarking on my PhD with the University of Sheffield in 2010 I have developed research interests in a number of areas including:
- domestic abuse, gender violence and familial abuse.
- gender, trans and gender non-conformity.
- hidden and marginalised communities.
- anti-oppressive and critical practice.
- reflective practice and reflexivity.
- narrative and voice.
- feminist theory/critical theory.
My theoretical influences include: Foucault; Butler; Garfinkel; and Goffman.