My research interests include:
1. The use of functional behavioural assessments for behaviour support planning for individuals displaying challenging behaviours.
2. Pre-service teacher preparation in classroom and behaviour management.
3. The use of evidence-based classroom management practices, programs and models by pre-service, beginning, and experienced teachers.
4. The measurement and development of teachers' sense of efficacy and preparedness in classroom and behaviour management.
5. The theory to practice gap in classroom and behaviour management in pre-service, beginning, and experienced teachers.
6. Curriculum development in teacher education programs in the area of classroom and behaviour management.
7. Beginning teacher attrition and burnout due to problems in classroom and behaviour management.
8. Transition planning for adjudicated youth with EBD.
Macquarie University Professor Jennifer Bowles Prize for Highly Commended Publication for 2014 UTS Human Rights Award: Social Inclusion Award. High Commendation, 2010 Australian Learning and Teaching Council citation for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning, 2010 UTS Vice Chancellors Teaching and Learning Award for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning, 2009 The Lee Mills Teacher Education Encourgament Award, Australian Association of Special Education Inc, 2009