Dr. J. Wanyoike-Gichuhi is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Obstetric and Gynaecology faculty of medicine, college of health sciences (Kenyatta National Hospital), University of Nairobi.
His qualifications are Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB) and Masters in Medicine in Obstetrics and Gunaecology (MMed. Obs/Gyn) from the University of Nairobi.
He has specific training in infertility from the University of Tel Aviv, Israel and from the International school of medicine (Kiel – Goettingen - Munich) Germany at the
Department Obstetric and Gynaecology, Campus Kiel, University Hospital Schleswig – Hostein, Germany.
He has also had comprehensive training in Gynaecological endoscopic from Galaxy institute, Pune, India and Institute of European Telesurgery, University Of Strasbourg, France.
He has authored and co-authored 44 peer review publications & one book chapter and has had 44 conference presentations.
He is in Charge of the Infertility and Gynaecological Endoscopic training programs at the Kenyatta National Hospital and the University
of Nairobi, Kenya.
Current Education / Training
2016 to date: Undertaking The Degree of Doctor of Philosophy: “PATTERN AND CLINICAL
PRESENTATION OF ENDOMETRIOSIS AMONG THE INDIGENOUS BLACK AFRICANS”, at the University of Nairobi.
1. R.B. Parkar, J. Gichuhi Wanyoike, D. Otieno, Oyieke J. Day Care Total
Laparoscopic Hysterectomy outcomes at a dedicated unit in Nairobi, Kenya: Is it
time to change? East Afr. Med. J. 2017; 94;6-12.
2. Ondieki DK, Wanyoike-Gichuhi J, M’imunya JM, Ndirangu G. Socio - cultural factors impacting male involvement in the management of infertile couples at the
Kenyatta National Hospital. J. Obstet. Gynaecol. East Cent. Afr. 2016;27:32-37.
3. J Wanyoike Gichuhi, Achinga AM, Ndegwa S. Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome in assisted reproductive techniques: case report and review. East Afr. Med. J. 2016; 93: 37-39.
4. Parker RB, Pinder LF, Wanyoike JG, Patel Y, Otieno O, Palkhi Y, Baraza R, Rogo K.Laparoscopic surgery in low-income and limited-resource setting: Does it safely add value? A review of 2,901 laparoscopic Gynaecologic procedures World J. Lap Surg. 2016; 9: 82-85.
5. Buruna MV, Wanyoike G, Kamau K. Review of the clinical pregnancy of intrauterine insemination. East Afr. Med. J. 2016; 93: 160-166.
6. Parkar RB, Otieno D, JG Wanyoike, Patel Y, Faraj S. Daycare laparoscopy surgery in gynaecology at a dedicated unit in Nairobi, Kenya: A 5-year retrospective review. East Afr.Med. J. 2016; 93:73-78.
7. AA Makori, Gichuhi JW, B Kihara, BO Oyieke, PM Ndavi. The effect of time of day on unscheduled caesarean section on perinatal and maternal outcomes in Kenyatta National Hospital, Nairobi, Kenya. East Afr. Med. J. 2016; 93: 91-96.
8. JW Gichuhi, R Parkar, B Kihara, DK Ondieki. Premature ovarian failure in twins:
Case presentation and literature review. East Afr. Med. J. 2016; 93: 172-174.
9. RB Parker, J Wanyoike Gichuhi, Y. Patel, D Otieno. Laparoscopic myomectomy in Kenya: A 15-year retrospective review. East Afr. Med. J. 2016; 93: 173-178.
10. Wanyoike Gichuhi, Waweru SN, Kihara, Ondieki D. K. Case review: Successful
IVF-ICSI with a live baby in an azoospermic patient utilizing cryopreserved
testicular retrieved sperms. East Afr. Med. J. 2015; 91: 40-42.
11. Adamani R, Wanyoike-Gichuhi J, Odawa FXO Predictors of successful induction of labour in post-term pregnancies at Kenyatta National Hospital, Nairobi. J. Obstet. Gynaecol. East Cent. Afr. 2014; 26 (2): 55-60.
12. Gichunuku JG, Wanyoike-Gichuhi J, Ongech J. The accuracy of hysterosalpingogram in the diagnosis of tubal blockage among sub-fertile women at the Kenyatta National
Hospital, Nairobi. J. Obstet. Gynaecol. East Cent. Afr. 2014; 26(2): 61-67.
13. Wanyoike-Gichuhi J, Ojanga N, Ndegwa S. Term tubal ectopic pregnancy delivered by laparotomy with a viable fetus: Case report. J. Obstet. Gynaecol. East Cent. Afr. 2014; 26 (2): 73-74.
14. D.K. Ondieki, J. Wanyoike- Gichuhi, J. M. M’Imunya, and G. Ndirangu.
Knowledge, attitudes and practices of infertile couples on male participation in
infertility management at the Kenyatta National Hospital. East Afr. Med. J. 2015; 92: 517-524.
15. D.K. Ondieki, J. Wanyoike- Gichuhi. Obstetric complications of cervical stenosis: a
case report and literature review. East Afr. Med. J. 2015; 1: 568-570.