Associate Professor Lucas Walsh is Associate Dean (Academic Staff) in the Faculty of Education at Monash University. He was previously Director of Research and Evaluation at The Foundation for Young Australians. Lucas has worked in corporate, government and not-for-profit sectors. He has held four research fellowships and managed the International Baccalaureate’s Online Curriculum Centre in the UK. He has been invited to advise local, state and federal governments, including the National Curriculum Board and Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership, presented nationally and internationally, and published one co-edited book and two co-authored books. His latest book, Educating Generation Next: Young People, Teachers and Schooling in Transition, is published by Palgrave Macmillan.
His research has covered a diverse range of areas related to young people, including:
• Youth transitions, wellbeing and economic, political, social and cultural participation
• International education
• Flexible learning, e-learning and culture
• Schooling, teaching, school leadership, school-community partnerships
• Developing joined approaches to addressing the needs and challenges of young people who are disadvantaged and “at risk”
• Creating cultures of diversity
• Citizenship and human rights
• Information and communication technology and young people
• Technology, cybersafety and e-democracy.