Priyan Mendis is a Professor in the Department of Infrastructure Engineering and the Discipline Leader of Civil Engineering at The University of Melbourne.
Prof Mendis obtained his PhD at Monash University, Australia.
- Protective technology of structures
- Disaster mitigation and management
- Sustainable infrastructure
- High-strength/High-performance concrete
- Seismic design of reinforced and prestressed concrete structures
- Design of tall buildings and bridges
He is also a member of several institutions including: Institution of Engineering, Concrete Institute of Australia and American Concrete Institute.