I have a mix of academic and industry project experience.
In the first five years of my employment at Curtin University I was involved in a lot of Industry Funded Projects, where I had to understand the industry problems and propose a solution.
I was involved in researching in diverse areas based upon the industry partners needs and develop solutions with my team of PhD students.
This has resulted in me gaining a lot of experience in a lot of different areas, which is quite unique to me as a researcher since most other researchers are focussed on a very limited research areas.
Further all my research so far has been of practical nature, with real world applications.
My expertise is in the following areas:
1. Information Security, Anti-Spam, Cyber Security, Steganography, Digital Watermarking
2. Wireless Sensor Networks, Smart Grids, Cyber Physical Systems, Internet of Things
3. Low Cost Housing/Construction, Decision Support Systems for Construction Material Selection
4. Consumer Engagement, Data Quality, Social Media, User Contribution Measurement
5. Big Data, Data Analytics
6. Business Sustainability, Aviation Emissions