Inheriting the tradition of a free and forward-looking manner - Osaka University was founded in 1931 as the sixth imperial university, starting with two faculties: Medicine and Science. However, its academic roots reach back to the Edo period.
Research institutes were established in rapid succession. In addition to the Research Institute for Microbial Diseases and the Institute of Scientific and Industrial Research, both of which were established before World War II, the Institute for Protein Research became an independent institution from the School of Science in 1958. At the same time, the Institute of Social and Economic Research gained independence from the School of Economics, while the Welding Research Institute (the current Joining and Welding Research Institute) gained independence from the School of Engineering. Since that time, these institutes review their organization, responding to new research and social trends.
Including the Central Workshop, National Joint-Use Facilities and [Osaka University] Joint-Use facilities were established in 1966. With the establishment of the Museum of Osaka University, the Center for the Study of Communication-Design, the Center for the Study of Finance and Insurance, the Global Collaboration Center, Osaka University now possesses 24 facilities in all.
Thus, as one can see, Osaka University has pioneered the establishment of faculties, graduate schools, research centers, and other facilities without being limited by how they relate to the arts or sciences. In short, Osaka University possesses a free and forward-looking spirit and remains enthusiastic in responding to the needs of the times.
No research items from Osaka University have been published yet.