Nikki is a health economist with a professional background in pharmacy, and has been successful as:
- An academic, applying qualitative and quantitative approaches to primary and secondary research in palliative care, patient-centred outcome measurement, the quality use of medicines, healthy ageing & epidemiology;
- An evaluator, critiquing submissions by the pharmaceutical industry seeking reimbursement for medicines through the Australian Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme;
- A training consultant, developing and delivering adult learning workshops to hundreds of health care professionals in the National Health Service (NHS) in the UK;
- A pharmaceutical adviser, providing guidance to over 40 general practitioners, and healthcare teams regarding the evidence-based cost-effective use of medicines; and
- A healthcare professional, providing advice, information and treatments to the general public, improving the health of the population.