Dr Evans is a gynecologist, laparoscopic surgeon and pain medicine physician who specialises in the management of persistent pelvic pain.
Other roles include:
- Honorary Lecturer, University of Adelaide.
- Board Member, Advisory Committee for the Robinson Research Institute
- Director, Pelvic Pain SA www.pelvicpainsa.com.au
- Director, Pelvic Pain Foundation of Australia
- Co-Author, Pelvic Pain Report: The $6 Billion Woman and the $600 Million Girl
- Author, Endometriosis and Pelvic Pain
Dr Evans is involved with a wide variety of speaking, education, research and advocacy projects in the area of Pelvic Pain, and the effect of Gender on Pain. Her current research project investigates the role of glia and hormones on dysmenorrhoea in young women.