Haw'aa (hello)! I am a Haida and European settler woman from the Northwest coast B.C. I'm a Ph.D. candidate in social and personality psychology at the University of Manitoba.
In my research, I use mixed methods (qualitative and quantitative methods) to understand
- Multi-racial Indigenous identity
- The impacts of Indigenization on Indigenous students
- Indigenous students' experiences with racism at post-secondary institutions
- Interventions to reduce racism toward Indigenous Peoples
- Indigenizing Social Psychology
I'm also involved in the Canadian Reconciliation Barometer (a psychometrically designed measure of reconciliation in Canada) and the Embodying Empathy project (a virtual reality Indian Residential School designed to improve intergroup attitudes) within the Social Justice Laboratory at the University of Manitoba, under the supervision of Dr. Katherine Starzyk (www.katherinestarzyk.com). Lastly, I also have experience with grassroots Indigenous men's health as a former research assistant with the DUDES Club, an Indigenous men's wellness group in the Downtown East Side of Vancouver.