Dr Isabelle de Solier is a Senior Research Fellow at the University of Melbourne who specialises in the study of food and gardening. She is the author of the best-selling book ‘Food and the Self: Consumption, Production and Material Culture’ (Bloomsbury, London and New York, 2013) and co-editor of ‘Food Cultures’ (Cultural Studies Review, 2013). She received an Australian Research Council Discovery Early Career Researcher Award (DECRA) for her current project ‘Community Gardening: A Nationwide Study’.
Isabelle has researched and published on:
• consumer behaviour and food (including food shopping and dining out)
• food trends (including 'foodies', Slow Food and molecular gastronomy)
• food media (including celebrity chefs, food television, amateur food bloggers, and audience perceptions and uses of food media)
• domestic food practices (including cooking)
• gardening (including community gardening)
She spends her spare time arranging flowers @thedoctorsflowers