Industry background in print journalism and public relations. Scholarship in three broad fields:
• the public interest, especially as it relates to the field of communication;
• courts, media and the public interface (including social media in courts);
• convergent media as it applies to professional communication and public relations.
• My consulting work includes presentations to judicial bodies and the legal industry. I have written reports for the Victorian AG and Qld courts on topics that range from jury engagement to social media’s impact on courts.
• I have written several textbooks (one award-winning) on PR and media that are widely adopted in Australia, the Pacific and Asia.
• My work into the public interest links political philosophy to broader professional communication practices.