I am a philosopher and I work on theoretical and applied issues in moral and political philosophy. My work currently focuses on the ethics of reproduction (especially the ethics of the donation of reproductive materials). I am currently conducting research on a number of topics in the field of reproduction /reproductive donation, including:
- gamete and embryo donation;
- mitochondrial replacement techniques / mitochondrial donation (aka 'three person IVF');
- artificial gametes/in-vitro derived gametes;
Other related technologies I am researching include:
- CRISPR (gene editing).
I am also carrying out theoretical philosophical research on themes of:
- privacy vs information sharing;
- the nature of children's welfare;
- the value of genetic relatedness;
- the value/significance of genetic information.