Professor Tarr has diverse background in:
- commercial and business law
- corporate administration
- not-for-profit change management.
She has previously held senior appointments in:
- the United States (Indiana)
- Australia (where she has taught at Monash, Bond and University of Queensland)
- the University of the South Pacific.
In addition, she has served as the General Manager, CEO or Director of a range of organisations including:
- Queensland Institute of Medical Research
- Indiana University’s International Programs Office
- USP Solutions (the private commercial arm of the University of the South Pacific)
- Litigation Reform Commission (Qld).
Professor Tarr has authored six books and a range of articles in the insurance, risk management and commercial practices areas; held a number of Board appointments; and worked extensively as a consultant in the private commercial sector.
Contract and commercial law including:
- insurance law
- intellectual property
- joint venture structure and complex legal issues in commercial arrangements
- biotechnology and medical research
- legal philosophy, comparative law and history.