I am a Principal Lecturer in Physical Geography within the School of Applied Sciences (SAS). My teaching and research interests are:
– glacial and periglacial processes
– cold climate geomorphology
– sedimentology and micromorphology
– reconstructing Quaternary Environments
– Arctic blue carbon
– artistic engagement with the environment (art-science).
With a PhD (Queen Mary University of London) and Batchelor with Hons (University of Reading) in Physical Geography, I am passionate about the environment and inspired by the outdoors – particularly mountainous and cold environments. My research has taken me to many exciting, and often breath-taking, locations in both the UK (e.g. Scotland, Wales, Dartmoor, Norfolk, The Lake District etc.) and abroad (e.g. Austria, Arctic Russia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Japan, Singapore, Svalbard etc).