My primary research is in contemporary film and media, with an emphasis on popular modes, principally in Hollywood and Europe (especially France). Within these contexts, I have special interests in gender studies and transnational dynamics.
In addition to many book chapters and journal articles, I have published books on:
1. romantic comedy in French cinema https://www.bloomsbury.com/uk/from-france-with-love-9781784533588/
2. genre narratives by women in film and television globally https://www.routledge.com/Women-Do-Genre-in-Film-and-Television/Harrod-Paszkiewicz/p/book/9781138695801
3. the current status of European cinema as a whole https://www.ibtauris.com/Books/The-arts/Film-TV--radio/Films-cinema/Film-theory--criticism/The-Europeanness-of-European-cinema-Identity-globalisation-meaning
4. genre films by women in contemporary Hollywood https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-3-030-70994-5
5. romance and social bonding in contemporary culture https://www.routledge.com/Imagining-We-in-the-Age-of-I-Romance-and-Social-Bonding-in-Contemporary/Harrod-Leonard-Negra/p/book/9780367483272
I have recently led an AHRC-funded project on the postnationalisation of Franco-European popular film and TV via streaming platforms.
For more information see http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/arts/modernlanguages/people/academic/mh2/