• Application of classic and spatial epidemiology in disease surveillance, food safety management, and other processes associated with poultry health.
• Interface of science and policy with respect to food safety and public health.
• Application of 'One-Health' principles with respect to domestic poultry, wildlife, the environment, and food safety.
• Composting and other value-added treatments for spent hens, and poultry litter for management of mortality and disease.
• Utilizing Next Generation Sequencing to understand bacterial pathogenicity
• Collaboration, communication, and outreach with stakeholders including commercial and backyard owners.
1996 BS Biology, University of California, Los Angeles
2008 DVM Veterinary Medicine: Mixed Tract (Food Animal/Small Animal/Equine), University of California, Davis
2009 MPVM Life Cycle Analysis of livestock production systems with respect to anthropogenic Greenhouse Gas emissions, University of California, Davis
Boarded Dipl. ACVPM
California state license to practice veterinary medicine