1. Fulbourn Hospital, Cambridge, UK (1968-1968), Clinical Psychologist.
2, Leeds St. James's University Hospital, UK (1973-1974), Clinical Psychologist.
3. Memorial University of Newfoundland (MUN) (1974-1994), Assistant Professor to full Professor in the
Department of Psychology, Co-Director MUN Gerontology Centre (1986-1994).
4. University of Waterloo (1994-1998), Professor in the Department of Health Studies and Gerontology;
5. University Institute of Social Gerontology of Quebec (1995-1998), Scientific Director;
4. Lakehead University (1998-2021), Professor and Emeritus Professor, Department of Psychology, Director of
the Northern Educational Centre on Aging and Health and Coordinator of the Gerontology Program (1998-
5. Publications: Author or editor of 9 books (i.e., including two second editions), 33 book chapters, 112 articles
in refereed journals, and 28 knowledge translation articles