Aug 2017 – Date Director, Tegemeo Institute of Agricultural Policy and Development
Jan 2017 - July 2017 Senior Research Fellow, Tegemeo Institute of Agricultural Policy and Development
Jan 2016 - December 2016 Regional Coordinator Integrated Seed Sector Development in Africa (ISSD Africa) in charge of Burkina Faso, Burundi, Ethiopia, Ghana, Mali, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe and South Africa.
Jan 2008 – Nov 2015 Graduate Research Assistant and PhD Student, Michigan State University
Feb 2004 - Dec 2007 Senior Research Fellow, Tegemeo Institute of Agricultural Policy and Development
Sep 1995 - Jan 2004 Lecturer, Department of Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness Management Egerton University- Njoro campus
Jun 1990 - Oct 1995 Teaching Assistant, Department of Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness Management Egerton University- Njoro campus
• Bahiigwa, G., Ayieko, M., Mutware, J. (2018). Enhancing Coordination in the Agricultural Sector. In A.M. Nyamu (Ed.). Africa Agriculture Status Report: Catalysing Government Capacity to Drive Agricultural Transformation (Issue 6). Pp.133-149. Nairobi, Kenya. Alliance for Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA)
• Ayieko, M.W, Songqin J & Tschirley, D (2016). Effects of Smallholder Diversification on Rural Household Food Security in Kenya, AAEA Conference Proceedings
• Ogola, J. B. O., Orawo, A. O., & Ayieko, M. W. (2012). Assessment of factors affecting the farmer demand for seed potato in Nakuru District, Kenya. African Journal of Agricultural Research, 7(23), pp.4151-4157.
• Ogola, J., Ayieko, M.W., Orawo, A.O., & Kimani, F. (2011). Analysis of fertilizer use in potato production in Nakuru district, Kenya. African Journal of Agricultural Research, 6(16) pp.3672 – 3277.
• Muyanga, M., Ayieko, M.W. and Bundi, M. (2007). “Transient and Chronic Rural Household Poverty: Evidence from Kenya”. PMMA Working Paper No. 2007-20.
• Ayieko, M., and D. Tschirley (2006): "Seed Production and Delivery Systems in Kenya: Enhancing Access and Utilization of Seed for Improved Food Security," Nairobi, Kenya: Egerton University, Tegemeo Institute