I am a Lecturer in Museums Studies at the University of Leicester and an Honorary Research Associate at UCL Culture.
My research interests draw together human geography, museums and heritage studies and the medical humanities.
My work focuses on cultural practices and care, as both ethics and practice. Within this I have a particular interest in the role of museums as spaces of social care.
I am also interested in:
- Participatory pedagogy and participatory action research
- Community engagement in museums, heritage and arts practice
- The distinctive nature of professional museum work, specifically the 'social work' of the museum
- The co-production of knowledge and exhibits
- The emotional and therapeutic role of museum spaces and objects in well-being, health and recovery
- Museum geographies