Rob is an Associate Professor in exercise and sport physiology at the Institute of Sport, Exercise and Active Living (ISEAL). Rob is an authority on the physiology of football, is an experienced media commentator and has appeared in various print, radio and television outlets. He worked as a sport scientist with the Western Bulldogs Football Club for over seven years .
Rob has been researching on altitude training for over fifteen years.
Rob undertakes research into all aspects of the physiology of Football, including:
- altitude training
- measuring physical performance in matches through the application of micro-technology
- the effect of heat on player performance
- enhanced recovery practices
- measuring fatigue after matches, and
- interventions such as altitude or supplement use