Professor Shane Thomas is Professor and Director of International Primary Health Care research Institute, Shenzhen. He is an
• Honorary Professor, Peking University, People’s Republic of China
• Honorary Professor, Monash University
Shane is an occasional commentator on health reform on China Radio International.
He is a
• Commissioner of the Chinese National General Practice Research Development Centre,
• Editorial Board member of the Chinese Journal of General Practice
• Honorary Researcher in the Chinese National Institute of Hospital Management
• Deputy Chief Editor of the Chinese Hospital President’s Guide
Professor Thomas has won research income of $100 million during his career. He currently is a CI on an ARC Discovery Grant on Chinese health policy. Shane has extensive experience in systematic reviews to support program and policy development. He has written two Cochrane reviews (with 2 associated protocols) and he has conducted 4 other systematic reviews that have been published in high impact journals.
Professor Thomas has written extensively for government in evidence-based reviews including in the areas of chronic illness, child protection, mental health services and problem gambling.
Professor Thomas has over 300 refereed scientific publications to his credit.