David Sims is a Senior Research Fellow at the Laboratory of the Marine Biological Association of the UK, in Plymouth, and Professor of Marine Ecology in the Ocean and Earth Science school at the University of Southampton, National Oceanography Centre Southampton, UK.
He is the Lead Co-ordinator of the Global Shark Movement Project. His research interests include:
- Behavioural ecology of marine vertebrates
- Movement ecology of marine animal behaviour (fish-environment interactions)
- Mechanisms underlying spatial movements and habitat selection
- Search/foraging theory and migratory patterns
- Population structuring, long-term responses to climate and fishing
- Large fish conservation science