My personal focus is on the symbiosis of automation and people in production and technical systems.
My research and educational efforts deals with design and operation of production systems where humans and automated resources are collaborating efficiently and sustainably to achieve innovation and competitiveness.
The main challenges I see:
True production innovation, competitiveness, and sustainability is possible when the efficiency of automation is combined with the flexibility and creativity of humans in a system.
Our research team is exploring automation and models for human-automation collaboration. We look at methods for levels of automation, production system communication flow, and cognitive ergonomics.
* Research and education in
- production and manufacturing
- human factors
- history of industrial development
* University-industry-society collaboration
* National and international policy-making and networking