I am a Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and a Senior Fellow and Lecturer at The University of Glasgow. My focus is on futurism: education, technology and future life. I am a member of the UNESCO-IBE Community of Practice for Curriculum Development and Degree Programme Leader for Technology Education. I am a Programme Validator for the Digital Schools Awards - supported by HP, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Microsoft and Intel (accredited by Government).
My research, writing and speaking themes are based on:
- Global catastrophic risk, existential events and the role that education has within utopian, dystopian and mytopian society;
- The impact of emerging technologies on society, from a moral, ethical and technological perspective;
- Macrostrategy, resilience and the future of humanity through policy, leadership and management;
- Social media and interactive platforms for online and located collaboration;
- Society, technology and learning, including but not limited to virtual worlds, augmented reality and machine intelligence;
- Pedagogies of Technology Enhanced Learning and Teaching (TELT)
eSports and Competitive Gaming;
- Teacher Education and Craft, Design, Engineering and Graphics.