Rob Salguero-Gómez is an Associate Professor of Ecology in the Department of Zoology at the University of Cambridge.
His ultimate goal is to develop an integrative academic research programme bringing together biochemical, anatomic and physiological approaches to examine demographic aspects of an organism's life cycle through a combination of angles, including field and lab work, as well as ecological modeling and comparative biology.
Rob's research group (The SalGo Team) carries out research in the following areas:
- Drivers of life history strategies
- The evolution of and escape from senescence
- Functional trait demography
- Species distributions and habitat suitability
- Life history oddities and gaps of knowledge
- Conservation biology and population forecast
- Comparative demography
- Population modelling