Professor Stephen Garnett (Professor of Conservation and Sustainable Livelihoods, Charles Darwin University) is interested in the application of knowledge needed to live sustainably in the tropics.
His research interests include:
* Development of the knowledge economy in northern Australia
* Knowledge-based adaptations to the tropical environment
* Indigenous land and sea management
* Facilitation of Indigenous businesses, particularly where they draw on Indigenous knowledge
* Use of insurance in management of environmental and social risk
* Biodiversity conservation, particularly threatened species