Dr Conlan has expertise in analytical chemistry and forensic crime scene analysis, applying his craft to generating big data in order to understand chemical fingerprints from complex samples, ballistics and blood stain patterns.
This has been exploited to interogate the following
- Forensic science based illicit drug profling
- Rapid biomedical diagnostics
- Food and flavour chemistry
- Improving fingerprint visualisation of bullet casings
- Enhancment of blood stain patterns
These and other topics are key to Dr Conlan's on going popular science radio programs that he presents on a weekly basis.