With a population of around 11,000 staff and students, Solent University offers over 200 qualifications, from HNDs to PhDs, in areas including business, sport, technology, and the creative industries, and is home to one of the world’s leading maritime schools. Every year we are joined by around 10,000 additional students on short professional courses.
We work closely with businesses to develop courses, deliver apprenticeships, professional development and training that are tailored to industry needs – ensuring our graduates are precisely what employers are looking for. Highly skilled, highly motivated professionals who are ready to jump straight in.
· Home to world-leading research in communication, cultural and media studies, and art and design (REF, 2014)
· Highly rated for teaching, inclusivity, facilities and student employability (QS World University Rankings, 2017)
· Awarded TEF Silver in recognition of the University’s excellent teaching (OfS, 2018)
· 12th out of 124 in the country for boosting graduate earnings (The Economist, based on LEO data, 2015/16)
· In the top 10 UK institutions for number of graduate start-ups created, two years running (HE-BCI, 2016/17)
· Winner of the Times Higher Education ‘Most Improved Student Experience’ Award 2015.
Being an athlete is all about eating pasta morning, noon and night, right? Think again. The type of sport an athlete does will affect the types of foods the competitor should eat. Although there are other…
World Cup 2014 has been described by many as the best ever for the exciting play and huge number of goals. And, as the tournament has progressed, the drama has increased, with hard fought games going to…